Jak Tree is definitely a Jack-Pot to Sri Lanka- because it fills up hungry tummies big time. Last time I visited my grandma’s place in Giriulla, the lunch I had still makes the hungry beggar in my tummy craving for those few of a kind type of dishes, extremely yummy and well mind-satisfying.
The Kiri-Kos maaluwa aka Jak-fruit cooked in coconut milk cream just blew my mind away to infinity, so I thought I should share the recipe of it today for all the foodies out there who wish to try out the YUMMIEST chows around the world! If ever there was a competition to choose the most tongue craving-finger licking sort of dish around the world, I would unquestionably nominate this pretty little dish-‘Kiri Kos’ from Sri Lanka.
Cleaned Jack-fruit-4 cups
Finely chopped onions-2
Finely slices Green chillies-2
Maldivian fish-2 table spoons
Coconut milk cream-1 1/2 cups
Mustard seeds-1 tea spoon-well ground to a cream
Turmeric powder-1/2 tea spoon
Curry powder-1/2 tea spoon
Chillie powder-1 tea spoon
Salt-as for the taste
-Do it yourself-
- Clean the 3 cups of Jack fruit and remove the seeds.
- Cut the flesh into long stripes and seeds into two.
- Add fruit stripes, seeds and other ingredients except Mustard seeds to the pan heated up with coconut cream, add a cup of water to the mixture and stir well.
- Let the dish cook until the Jak fruit flesh is finely done and add Mustard paste to the mixture and stir further.
- The texture of the final dish would be creamy and yellowish when it is the time to serve hot!!!
Whoa!! the dish undoubtedly would be one of the yummiest flavors you have ever tried and for sure let us know your experience about this tropical KIRI-KOS MALUWA.